The Sidebar Icon app is designed to allow Zendesk agents to quickly flip to a web site and then flip back to their tickets without interrupting your workflow. This can be especially useful if you use a page to look up things like orders or other data from another system. The Sidebar Icon app iFrames in an external source into a separate page in new Zendesk that can be accessed through a button on the left hand navigation bar.
Check out an article that details the functionality in our forums here.
How to install
To create your own Sidebar Icon app, log in to your Zendesk account, and then:
- Click the Manage icon () in the sidebar, then select Browse from the list of menu items on the right.
- Mouse over the Sidebar Icon app and click the Install button.
- There is one required setting and several optional settings.
- iFrame URL: Put the link to the page you want to display when agents click on the Sidebar Icon app.
- Inactive Icon URL: This is the image that will be used when you are not interacting with the app. Pick something that contrasts with the grey color of the Zendesk panel for visibility.
- Hover Icon URL: This is the image that will be swapped out when an agent hovers their mouse over the image but hasn’t clicked or done anything yet.
- Selected Icon URL: This is the image that will be used when an agent has clicked on, and activated, the Sidebar Icon app.
- Title: Give the app a title so it can be differentiated from other apps.
Important! Once you have your Sidebar Icon app installed, you’ll need to refresh the Zendesk interface to see the changes.