How to proactively manage your internal IT
Utilizing cloud software and technology has always been an integral part of Ledarna’s business strategy. When Ledarna, the Swedish Organization for Managers, began to outgrow their homegrown internal IT support platform in 2009, they faced two primary challenges. First, they wanted a cloud solution for customer support that had better usability and scalability. Second, they needed a patch management solution that is streamlined with their support platform.
Zendesk as a solution
Ledarna initially started using Zendesk for IT support tickets. The number of agents and users quickly grew, as well as use cases across internal departments. When their support structure expanded to needing a more robust patch management solution, Ledarna took a look at Zendesk’s 100+ integrations and found Panorama9. With the integration, Ledarna now has improved:
- Mobile support: With Zendesk’s native mobile apps, Ledarna’s support team performs 80% of their work remotely—enabling on-call, on-the-go support anytime, anywhere.
- Visibility: With the Panorama9 integration, Zendesk automatically provides crucial information to the IT support team within the Zendesk ticket, such as the user’s installed software applications, hardware info and even a link to remote access control.
- Automatic detection and ticket resolution: The Zendesk for Panorama9 integration can detect an issue and log a ticket for the agent before the user even knows something is wrong. If an agent does not get to a ticket in time, the system can automatically perform an action and solve the ticket (e.g. automatically initiate an antivirus scan when an updated antivirus definition file is received).
- Patch management: Ledarna’s IT support team gets ahead of patch updates with automated releases—saving time and resources.
- Asset management: With Zendesk and Panorama 9, Ledarna proactively scans all assets within their organization and maintains operations and updates cost-efficiently (e.g. checking for outdated software licenses).
- Peripheral management: The IT team also has visibility into all peripherals, and with the integration, they can check the status of peripherals (e.g. seeing if a printer is low on toner) and automatically create tickets in Zendesk in the case of a hardware or network error.
Here’s what Ledarna is able to achieve using Zendesk:
- Average customer satisfaction rating: 98%
- Average first response time: 41 minutes
- 50% of solved tickets are resolved in less than 24 hours.
- Transform support from ad-hoc scribbles on pieces of paper to a controlled, measurable workflow in Zendesk and Panorama9.
- Measure and report on ticket management to place a “price tag” on support services.
“We are seeing enormous productivity benefits. We are getting more tickets from our users because it’s more accessible for them to make requests. But we can solve tickets easier and faster because we have greater visibility on our users and infrastructure.” says Alex Tsarapatsanis, IT Technician.
Decreasing response time despite increase in tickets
Customizing support for multiple brands
How to beautify your ticket management
Customer satisfaction ratings motivate agents
Forums drive self-help among healthcare professionals
Supporting the world's largest online fundraising community
Streamlining procurement workflow
Robust reporting helps a cloud business scale
Swapping email for seamless support