AssetSonar is an IT asset tracking software that empowers companies to organize, track and report on their entire technology landscape from a single space. It encourages productivity, improves IT asset visibility, and allows companies to streamline processes across the board.
Using AssetSonar is extremely easy. With our comprehensive integrations and fully-featured modules, you’ll be up and running in minutes. Some features include agent-based discovery, scheduled audits, purchase orders, configuration management, and more.
The AssetSonar Zendesk integration can be used to manage and escalate tickets and incidents regarding your IT assets. Some common use cases include:
- An employee filing a ticket regarding their broken computer that needs to be fixed. AssetSonar manages asset related details while Zendesk manages the ticket workflow.
- A customer requesting a memory extension for their MacBook. The IT Helpdesk can look up details on the assigned device and determine the type of upgrade required. The details and past work on the MacBook would be visible on AssetSonar’s Zendesk app.
- Logging AssetSonar services and maintenance events in Zendesk, which can then be assigned to your maintenance team.
- Agents looking up outstanding Zendesk tickets for an IT asset in AssetSonar.
We love talking to our users. If you have any questions or feedback, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have an AssetSonar Account?
Go to https://www.assetsonar.com and Sign Up today. We offer a free 15 day trial - no credit card required!
Already have an Account?
- Sign in to your Zendesk portal
- Sign in to your AssetSonar account
- In AssetSonar, go to Settings → Add Ons → Zendesk Integration
- Tap the Get App On Zendesk button
- You’ll be asked for your Zendesk subdomain
- Enter the subdomain. We’ll take care of the rest
Open any Zendesk ticket and look for the AssetSonar app on the right. If the Apps pane is collapsed, tap the Apps button on the top right to view connected apps
Here are the first few steps that you can do:
- Create a staff user AssetSonar, say, email@example.com
- Check out a few assets to Joe
- Go to Zendesk and create a ticket for firstname.lastname@example.org
The assets checked out to Joe are shown on the right pane on this ticket. You can also see Joe’s AssetSonar profile details.
- Link an asset to the ticket by tapping the green ‘link’ button.
- Go to the linked asset in AssetSonar and explore the Zendesk Tickets tab on this asset.