Available only to agents with “Talk - Partner Edition” seats (see zendesk.com/talk/pricing ).
The RingCentral Cloud App for Zendesk provides seamless integration between Zendesk and your RingCentral services to enable improved customer retention, greater agent productivity, and advanced business processes.
It offers these features:
Complete cloud-based app
- Use your browser on any platform (Windows®, Mac®); no software installation is needed.
- Make or receive calls through the RingCentral phone system, directly from your account within Zendesk.
Increased call efficiency
- With simple click-to-dial from within Zendesk, you can spend more time servicing clients and less time dialing.
- Save time by eliminating misdials.
Enhanced customer interaction
- Incoming callers are instantly matched to existing client records, which are automatically displayed.
- Tickets are created automatically when a call arrives.
Go here to see more details about the RingCentral + Zendesk partnership, including a demo video.
Before you begin
Make sure you have an active RingCentral account that is Premium or Enterprise edition.
- Sign in as an administrator to your Zendesk, then click the Admin icon in the navigation bar.
- Under Apps, select Browse, then find the RingCentral app and click the tile.
- On the RingCentral app page, click Install App in the upper-right corner. You will be presented with a web page.
- The ensuing page requires you to fill in a URL. Put the following in the URL field: https://apps.ringcentral.com/zendesk/
- Click Continue. The app installs to your Zendesk account.
- Refresh your Zendesk login session. The RingCentral app icon shows at the top right hand corner.
- Click the RingCentral app icon. The RingCentral login screen opens.
- Enter your RingCentral Direct Number and your RingCentral password.