Split ‘n’ Close simply let's you split a ticket off into a new one, when the content has become a separate issue. In addition, it allows you to explicitly close a ticket, with an explanation of why. A last feature is that it shows you quite clearly when an attached file is too big and is not being displayed and lets you download the original email with a single click.
- Create a new ticket based on the contents of the current one
- Automatically fills in from last comment, though you can edit
- Allows you to indicate text and drop-down custom ticket fields to include
- Creates a note on both the old and new tickets to easily refer back and forth
- Can optionally add tag(s) to the new ticket
- Indicate the group/agent to which the new ticket should be assigned
- Add comment (public or private) to the parent ticket
- Append all the CCs from the parent ticket to the child ticket
- Use the same form as the parent ticket, if there is one.
- Add a comment as to why the ticket is being closed
- Quick action
- Allow administrator to disable this feature
Notify for large email attachments
- See clearly when a ticket has a file attachment that is too large
- Single click to download the original email with the file to your desktop
- Fix — Fixes issue where a custom field with a long name would make the fields misalign.
Changes from version 1.0.9
- Fix — Fixes issue where the brand is not copied to the split ticket.
Changes from version 1.0.8
- Fix — Fixes issue where if Close Tickets is disabled, then Comments on parent tickets during splits aren’t added.
Changes from version 1.0.7
- Fix — Fixes issue where linked parent and child tickets are not listed.
Changes from version 1.0.6
- New — Add ability to input all custom fields during split.
- New — Add ability to make the first comment in a split private (app must be set to support this – see install instructions).
- New — Add ability to forward attachments to split tickets.
- New — Ensure that splitting uses the same form as the parent ticket.
- New — Remove the no longer needed Zendesk domain setting (it is retrieved from the app context now).
See the entire version history here.
Split ‘n’ Close App Installation
In order for this app to function properly, you'll need to ensure that the following steps are completed.
You'll need to fill in the app settings with values for the domain of your Zendesk app and optionally a list of custom ticket field IDs for fields that should be displayed in the split ticket form and finally (also optionally) a list of tags to be added to the new ticket. You will find full descriptions for all settings below.
- Custom Field Ids — if you have custom fields in Zendesk that you use to add information to the ticket, these can be added to the split. Only 'Text' and 'Drop-down list' fields are supported currently. Field ids should be separated by commas.
- Split Tags — if you would like one or more tags added to the new ticket, add the list here with each tag separated by a comma.
- Show Group/Agent Assignee Field? — should the Group/Agent Assignee field appear for the child ticket. If checked, you can select the group or agent to which the ticket is assigned.
- Enable Close Ticket Feature? — allows an administrator to suppress the Close Ticket feature of the plugin, if you do not want to allow your users to perform this functionality.
- Add CCs to child ticket as default? — should the checkbox to add the CC list to the child ticket be on as the default?
- Default Type value in Split — split tickets will default to use this as the Type. Valid values are 'question', 'incident', 'problem' & 'task', others will be ignored. An empty or invalid value will use the same Type as the original ticket.
- Default Priority value in Split — split tickets will default to use this as the Priority. Valid values are 'low', 'normal', 'high' & 'urgent', others will be ignored. An empty or invalid value will use the same Priority as the original ticket.
- Should the first comment of split tickets be public? — Should the checkbox to make the comment on the new ticket be on as the default? This is only valid if you have turned on “Allow first comment on tickets to be private” in the Tickets section of the Settings. Otherwise the comments are always public.
Questions and issues should be reported to our Zendesk.