- Permanently redact personal information from tickets
- Bulk redaction and preview of ticket attachments
- Easy to use copy/paste interface for redacting text
The app uses Zendesk's Redaction API and provides a simple and usable interface for Zendesk Support agents and administrators to easily redact strings of text or attachments from a ticket. Now you can permanently redact sensitive data, such as ID numbers, credit cards, passwords, attachments, etc. from your tickets. Redaction events are noted in a ticket’s audit log so customers can be aware data has been deleted.
Agents are required to have delete ticket permission in order to use this app.
NOTE: The Redaction API completely deletes data from Zendesk Support databases, but does not purge existing logs when the ticket data was originally created. Zendesk is investigating purging redacted data from logs in the future.
Getting started with the Ticket Redaction app:
- Sign in to your Zendesk Support account, then click the Admin icon in the sidebar.
- Select Apps > Marketplace, then find the Ticket Redaction app and click the tile.
- On the Ticket Redaction app page, click Install app in the upper-right corner.
- Enter a name for the app, select the configurations you want, then click Install.