Vanilla Forums Cloud, is a cloud based community software, with a modern take on community. Below are a few of the features you can find in Vanilla Forums:
- Themes: Completely customize the look and feel, beyond just header and footer.
- Gamification and reputation system: More than just badges, the reputation engine can be used to promote good content, grant member abilities, and help automate moderation.
- Made for Mobile: Detects the browser agent and applies the most appropriate theme to ensure a great user experience
- Single Sign-on: Vanilla's jsConnect SSO, SAML support and social logins make it easy for users to register. SSO can be configured to be seamless with your existing system.
- API: Vanilla has an easy to use RESTful API that you can use to deeply integrate Vanilla with your website.
- Permissions: Control fine-grained, role-based permissions that can be assigned on a per-discussion-category basis. Assign multiple roles to individual users. Roles can be set manually, based on registration workflow, via SSO and via the API.
- Spam Prevention: Powerful tools to keep your community forum free of spam.
- Integrations: Salesforce, Zendesk, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more.
You will want to have a Zendesk account and a Vanilla Forums hosted account. Once you have both here, as the steps to connect the two systems:
- Ensure you have the Zendesk Add-on enabled in your Vanilla Forums dashboard.
- Log-in to your Zendesk Site
- Go to the Admin Settings in your Zendesk
- Under Channels Select API
- Select the OAuth Clients
- Add a client
- Complete the form with the information, and add a logo if you wish.
- Copy the Unique Identifier and Secret, which you will need to enter in your Vanilla Forums dashboard on the Zendesk settings page.
- Enter the Redirect Urls, found on the Zendesk setting page of your Vanilla Forums.
We have also put together a comprehensive guide with screen shots, which you can download here
- Author: Vanilla Forums
- Price: Free
- Support: Email