The Gateway to Great Service: the User Portal
What is a user portal?
A user portal is is a way for a customer to login to their account with a company. User portals are built using user portal software and are a great way for companies to provide customers with the ability to independently view and manage their accounts without having to actually rely the company for direct support.
Zendesk puts the power into the customer’s hands by giving you the ability to provide them with their own user portal.
A different approach
- Long waits. Due to high volumes of service requests, customers would have long waits—either for responses to email or hold time on the phone—for even simple questions.
- No control. If a customer wanted to make a small change, such as updating contact information on their account, they had to rely on the company to do it for them.
- Limited to business hours. Since customers were reliant on the company’s support agents, service could only be provided during business hours, something especially inconvenient for customers in other time zones.
Did you know?
- Travel and hospitality: Customers can log in to their account through a user portal and check the status of a reservation or make simple changes to them.
- B2B: Customers can learn the status of open tickets, look up the answers to questions about billing, and make changes to account settings.
- Retail: Shoppers can check or even make changes to shipping and billing preferences, learn the status of a shipment, or learn about return policies.
The right time
How Zendesk helps
Zendesk puts the power into the customer’s hands by giving you the ability to provide them with their own user portal. Not only does it make it possible for them to access their own accounts anytime they want, it also means they’ll have access to all of the great self-service options Zendesk offers in Help Center, from a knowledge base to an online community for all customers.Open the gate to self-service
We have more to say about this. Have a look below.
A user portal is one of many self-service options you can provide your customers. Learn more: