Financial Operations AnalystAs a result of our growing Finance operations in the APAC region, we're now seeking a Finance Operations Analyst to join the experienced Melbourne team. You’ll be responsible for helping to manage the invoicing and provisioning process as we face accelerated growth and increasing demand for Zendesk products.In such a ever-changing environment such as ours, it’s essential that organisational skills and attention-to-detail are key attributes. As is the ability to assimilate and apply new systems and processes.The job responsibilities for this role will encompass the entire Quote-to-Cash process at Zendesk.
What you get to do every day:
- Assist with the support and creation of non-standard service orders for Sales.
- Validate service order pricing with our Sales team for accuracy and adherence to Sales and Finance guidelines.
- Provide essential support to the invoice and provisioning processes.
- Validate booking and billing data according to contract terms.
- Partner with Sales and Support teams to ensure all customer accounts are properly provisioned.
- Engage with our Customer and Sales team on account changes upon renewal.
- Participate in designing and implementing an evolving business process to support extreme revenue growth.
- Provide weekly updates on interactions with customers to Finance and Sales management.
- Process approved credit card refunds.
What you bring to the role:
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, high-growth company at the ground level, whilst enjoying the ability to learn and grow alongside an highly talented, supportive Finance function.In return for your skills and experience, you'll receive a highly competitive salary package. In addition, you'll work in a central CBD location in bright, modern offices and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest and best in the industry. What's not to like?The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
- Proven recent experience as Financial Accountant, Billings/Operations Analyst or similar.
- Developing effective working relationships is essential for success in this role. Polished oral and communication skills are, therefore, of paramount importance.
- Experience in back office operations process and procedures.
- An inquisitive nature: a desire to understand, positively challenge and evolve processes.
- Ability to work independently and meticulously. You hold yourself accountable to consistent, high quality work.
- Articulate and good writing skills.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Experience with Zuora/Salesforce and/or US MNC would be great.
Customer Success ConsultantOur Customer Success team advises and guides our wide array of enterprise customers as they map any number of business needs to Zendesk. We are the greeters to the house of Zen(desk) - genuinely compassionate, patient, organised and, well, a little quirky.We get our enterprise customers onboard quickly and easily by helping them to use, see, learn, and believe in our beautifully simple product. A Customer Success Consultant is an experience-maker for our customers. We are currently looking for an exceptional Customer Success Consultant to join our ANZ Team, based out of Melbourne.We ensure customers are optimised and scaling effortlessly through different programs, all focused on driving business and technical value. A key fixture of our Success team is the work our Success Consultants do to understand a customer’s business, work creatively to provide solutions to challenges, and ultimately help their business innovate and transform using Zendesk.
- Engage with customers in a way that thoughtfully changes their perception of what is possible, from both a business and strategic perspective
- Consult with support leaders across various industries to capture their business problems and work together on how to configure Zendesk in order to meet and exceed expectations
- Partner with innovative, fast-growing customers to optimise and transform support strategies
- Conduct virtual meetings, training, and knowledge transfer sessions according to Customer Success methodology
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, empathy, and business acumen across multiple customers at one time, connecting, trends and themes as you go
- Perform issue identification, communication, and resolution for moderately complex issues
- Simultaneously prioritise for the best customer experience and while also staying keenly aware of how to drive retention across the entire customer base
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional consulting experience, ideally in a customer-facing role
- Good understanding of support process and infrastructure
- Excellent instincts and ability to interface at Manager-Level with ease
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Strong project management or organisational skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Willing and able to travel
DevOps EngineerAt Zendesk, our goal is to bring companies and their customers closer together. We build software to improve those relationships, humanise business communication, and help make the world of customer service less annoying for us all. With more than 94,000 organisations across 150 countries using our products we’re well on our way. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.As a result of our growing operations in the APAC region, we’re seeking an DevOps Engineer to join our Melbourne office.You will focus on scaling out locally developed machine learning frameworks, pairing with teams to create and migrate their services to Kubernetes, and regularly work with our development teams to increase the reliability and performance of their apps and the platform.What you bring to the role:Programming and automated management of Linux systems are the foundations of what we do and you should have professional experience in both. However, we use a wide variety of technologies and expect everyone will need time to learn how to work with each of them.As a member of this team you’ll join us in striving to encourage the adoption of DevOps practices across the engineering organisation as well as the Melbourne tech community. So when you see a new technology or a better way of doing things we’ll make sure you have the freedom to learn and champion it.
What you get to do everyday:
- Work to provide simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Contribute to making our infrastructure simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Participate in diverse projects and collaborate with multiple engineering teams
- Use a wide variety of technologies, wear lots of hats (actual hats optional)
- Work alongside teammates in Singapore, Copenhagen, Dublin, San Francisco, and Madison to improve the platform and keep on-call to daylight hours
- Eat lunch with a bunch of genuine and fun people
What the stack looks like:
Culture and BenefitsWe have 200+ Staff in our Melbourne office and it is home to some of our most successful, emerging products such as Insights, Apps Marketplace, Satisfaction Prediction, Automatic Answers, and Embeddables. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours.Perks include 4 months gender neutral parental leave, corporate hospital cover, Zendesk stock, and flexible working hours. Our CBD office comes with fully provisioned fridges and relaxed social spaces. You’ll find board games, table tennis, group coding sessions, public talks, and baked goods are frequent occurrences. Social responsibility is something we believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners with the full support of the company.The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
- Our platform runs on Ubuntu, Centos, and Alpine
- Our servers live in AWS, GCP, and co-located data centres
- Our services deploy to bare metal, Xen, ECS, Lambda, and Kubernetes
- Our data is stored in MySQL, Redis, Kafka, ELK, Cassandra, and Memcache
- Our compute runs on Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, and GCP Dataflows
- Our team manages all of this using Chef, SparkleFormation, and Terraform
- And the underlying code written in Ruby, Scala, Python, Go, and sometimes PHP
Localisation QA ManagerAs a Localisation QA Manager, you will utilise both your leadership and your internationalisation/ localisation expertise to guide and enable our teams of talented linguistic QA Engineers. Managers serve a special purpose in Zendesk localisation: they remain hands-on while also providing leadership and mentorship for a team of LQA engineers with a focused mission.Being a high growth, global company, you’ll have the opportunity to travel and learn from talented engineers in Melbourne, San Francisco and other Zendesk offices across the globe.
What you get to do every day:
- Manage multiple product release schedules by communicating to engineers and product managers globally.
- Provide critical feedback to both Software Engineers and Product Managers to improve i18n features and best practices.
- Lead and coach APAC localisation members to effectively deliver high quality localised user experience.
- Help your team members set specific, achievable goals that will support development and career growth.
- Collaborate with regional Localisation Team Leaders to coordinate global team operations.
- Manage/execute test plans for linguistic testing by 3rd-party linguists.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement activities with a focus on speed, quality and innovation.
- Create a diverse and inclusive working environment where people can thrive.
What you bring to the role:
Benefits include stock, flexible working hours, training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months gender-neutral parental leave.
- Substantial software localisation experience preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Proven experience the management and development of a team of Localisation Engineers.
- Expert knowledge in localisation & internationalisation.
- Sound understanding of web application development and agile development practices.
- At least 1 year of experience in a role where you had direct managerial responsibility for localisation engineers.
- Experience in working with remote teams.
- A commitment to quality software translation and the knowledge and skills to direct a team in delivering on high expectations.
- Passion for problem solving and a desire to deliver software that will provide a seamless non-English user experience.
- Native proficiency, both written and verbal, in a language in addition to English.
- A passion for suggesting ideas for improvement.
- A love for problem-solving, independent research and languages.
- Excellent communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration.
Project Manager - Foundation and Production EngineeringWe are looking for a Project Manager to join our team in Melbourne which is focused on delivering several next-generation products and their supporting engineering infrastructure. In this role, you will drive the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of key projects within Foundation Engineering, Production Engineering, and broader cross-functional programs across the company.Your job as project manager is to keep releases moving forward, focusing on key milestones for teams within Foundation and Production Engineering, as well as liaising with teams across Zendesk including Product Development, Product Marketing, Legal, IT, and Sales.You are a great facilitator able to build bridges between teams and people in the APAC/AMER regions, and you communicate status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You get your kicks by seeing programs and projects you drive run smoothly and efficiently.
What you get to do every day:
- Partner closely with Foundation Engineering and Production Engineering teams, to drive key cross-functional programs with executive-level visibility to successful completion
- This includes enterprise-focused programs where Operations is the key component, such as deployment, data locality, and security
- Drive Operations projects in support of performance, reliability and availability
- Determine and manage project scope; create clear and attainable project objectives and build the project requirements
- Plan, execute, and close any project within budget and on schedule
- Manage project tasks, resources, timelines/delivery dates, and communication
- Collaborate with peers in the Zendesk Support and Product Development organisation to maintain an escalation process that is focused on providing the best customer experience
- Coordinate with other project managers within Product Development to establish resource needs and best practices for program/project management
- Communicate frequently with program/project stakeholders: provide regular status reports and develop informed deployment strategies
- Make decisions in such a way that risk is controlled and uncertainty minimised
- Manage expectations and unstated assumptions, solve issues, and resolve conflict that can negatively impact the success of your programs/projects
- Recognise opportunities that can benefit the program/project, the team and/or the organisation
- Escalate to senior management whenever decisions must be made that will alter deliverables
- Review final deliverables to ensure requested and delivered feature sets match original requirements and quality standards
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of relevant experience managing projects in a SaaS technology environment
- Extensive project management experience with a proven track record of organising, prioritising and keeping technical projects on schedule of technology operations processes & projects.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented individual who can solve practical problems, deal with a variety of variables, with great verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact and communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to implement workflow process that maximises efficiency for the team
- Excellent decision making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritising, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Able to meet deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines
- Able to present ideas and solutions to various audiences including senior management
- Can work cross functionally without being constrained by your job function
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun
- An understanding of the challenges faced by cross-geo teams and a willingness to solve them
- Flexible work schedule that accommodates several hours of overlap with the San Francisco (GMT-8) timezone
- Participate in enhancing the project management process in order to streamline the execution of all the process groups
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
Software Engineer - Data PlatformHave you been a part of large-scale infrastructure where customer growth is explosive? Can you help to build next-generation application and service delivery platforms, with cutting-edge search capabilities? Are you passionate about tackling complexity and building platforms that scale?We have a multi-data centre, multi-tenant infrastructure that encompasses multiple comms channels - voice, chat, email, web. As a growing enterprise company, we scale with the number of users our customers have.The Melbourne chapter of the Zendesk Data Platform owns the development of the services ingesting internal and external events (lots of them) into the Zendesk infrastructure - Our stack covers Go, Scala, Java, Kafka, gRPC, protobuffs, and AWS.Key to success in this role is practical experience in any of those technologies, but more importantly, enthusiasm to build software used at huge scale, experience/interest designing architecture and data processing projects. Experience designing/maintaining public APIs is a bonus too.
What you get to do every day:
- Write beautifully simple, scalable code to handle millions of requests in Scala, Java, Golang, Ruby or whatever scalable technology comes next.
- Use outside of the box solutions to help resolve scaling and availability challenges, across multiple data centres globally.
- Contribute to the improvement of our continuous deployment process.
- Find and fix performance and reliability issues across APIs and tools.
- Work with other key stakeholders to plan for capacity and reliability on our platform.
- Help and guide Application Engineers to get the most out of the Zendesk data streaming platform.
- Observe best practices while building RESTful APIs.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven experience in a software engineering role, building scalable web services.
- Experience using stream processing and pub/sub-technologies.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and collaborating with development teams globally that depend on the services you build.
- You like to have strong ownership of your work and want to make immediate contributions that positively impact the product and our customer base.
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, iterative environment where TDD and agile is your mantra.
- Experience using technologies like Java, Go, Scala, Kafka, Node, etc.
- Cloud experience is a bonus, we use AWS. Docker and Kubernetes experience would also be an advantage.
Sales SourcerWe're seeking an experienced Sales Sourcer to join our growing Recruiting team in Melbourne. You'll be a key part of creating robust processes and leading initiatives to support and enable our long term growth plans.In terms of sourcing you've been there and done it: you know how to find top talent for even the most niche of roles; have tricks and shortcuts to fully utilise non-traditional channels to source and still love the thrill of the chase.As a growing tech company, change is rapid and consistent. Plans change but are disciplined and experienced enough to roll with the punches. You're always on the lookout for new tools and innovative ways to enhance your craft and are able to apply the same level of rigour and expertise to all levels of role, from entry level through to senior management.
What you get to do everyday:
- Partner with our Recruiting team: you’ll be in headcount discussions, intake meetings and debriefs to really understand immediate and ongoing business needs.
- Own and develop candidate pipelines through research, outreach and full candidate assessment.
- Develop robust talent mapping and analysis frameworks.
- Be a key point of contact for all recruitment activities across Melbourne.
- Become a Zendesk pro: effectively communicating our value proposition to top talent.
- Increase and strengthen our brand in the market.
- Continue to build out and nurture Zendesk’s talent community.
What we're seeking:
- Experience developing deep talent channels and communities for hard to fill talent through strong research and interviewing techniques. Sales recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Track record of success in delivering quality candidate flows that have led to hires.
- Proficiency in Boolean searching and other sourcing wizardry.
- Solid passive candidate attraction techniques.
- Ability to craft creative sourcing initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
Senior RecruiterZendesk is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join our high-performing Melbourne team. We have an incredible product and exceptional employees and you'll be one of the key players in ensuring our long term growth plans are achieved.You enjoy the challenge of being innovative in your approach to sourcing and securing top talent for all of our non-tech functions, both in Melbourne and the greater APAC region (Sydney, Japan, India, Singapore).
What you get to do every day:
- Own a full-cycle recruiting process with a wide focus across Sales, Marketing, Success, Support, G&A and Operations.
- Partner closely with APAC Leadership team to understand, anticipate and influence their hiring needs and goals.
- Partner with management to continuously evolve and execute hiring strategy.
- Innovate on new sourcing techniques and utilise our brand/technologies to hunt passive talent through initiatives and tailored events.
- Execute sourcing strategies based on industry trends using competitive intelligence.
- Develop pipeline of candidates in niche areas as determined by market needs and business strategies. We are opening up new territories for Zendesk and talent acquisition is crucial to the success of an early office launch.
What we're seeking:
- Recent and broad experience managing an end-to-end recruitment process (in-house experience a plus).
- Experience working across a broad range of disciplines.
- Proven relationship management skills: dealing with stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding networking and communication skills.
- The ability to independently manage multiple competing priorities.
Account ExecutiveZendesk is looking for a motivated self-starter who has a consultative sales approach, that demonstrates a successful track record in proactively growing their pipeline and delivering predictable sales results. The key characteristic for this role is the proven ability to decipher customer objectives across multiple layers of stakeholders, aligning this with a structured and well-executed sales strategy. You must demonstrate all the behaviours associated with a high-performance sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline of new business and account expansion opportunities and delivering results against a quota. This individual will provide the best sales experience possible for our customers, and represent the culture and dedication to customers Zendesk is known for.
- You'll become the resident expert on Zendesk solutions and will sell new customers our cloud-based software.
- Demonstrating/selling value to key stakeholders within accounts, growing this to new and emerging areas of the accounts
- Build a plan to maximise revenue and customer satisfaction within your accounts
- Develop strategic prospecting and sales plans/activities to close deals with Enterprise and Mid-Market prospects
- Maximising and working with other Zendesk departments to prioritise, coordinate and apply resources where needed to accelerate and deliver multi-solution client outcomes
- Demonstrated experience managing complex sales cycles and negotiating win-win agreements based on value based selling
- Meet or exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Ensuring 100% satisfaction within your accounts
- 3-5 years of software selling experience, preferably SaaS, help-desk or CX products
- Track record of success selling into Enterprise/Mid Market companies
- Able to thrive in a startup environment— you move quickly, think strategically, and are superb at tactical execution
- Consistent track record of success with quota
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques
- Thorough understanding of a related technology
- Knowledge of a number of industries - Retail, Tech, State Government, Services and Communications/Media and FMCG
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as directed by sales management and required by customers
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Bachelor degree highly desirable
Sales Manager, ANZReporting to the Director of Sales for Australia and New Zealand, the Sales Manager will be responsible for managing sales activities across the southern region of Zendesk’s sales business. The successful candidate will ensure the achievement of significant new and existing customer revenue growth targets that support the company's objectives in a dynamic market.Ideal candidates will possess strong sales management experience, as well as deep knowledge of the sales cycle. This person will play a key role in leading a highly visible and motivated sales team that focuses on Zendesk's core accounts, and will be a values and culture champion in a remote office.We seek an outstanding and experienced sales leader who will develop and execute a multi-faceted sales strategy for southern region growth, gaining market share and building the highest levels of customer and team satisfaction.
- Provide strong individual and group leadership, vision and direction
- Build and lead a high performing sales team, identifying skills development and career plans
- Track and analyse sales activities to understand focus areas within territories
- Research and capitalise on buying/industry trends and patterns in the southern region
- Take accountability for the attainment of assigned new customer acquisition and financial performance targets by month, quarter, half year and full year
- Develop and support direct reports by participating and leading monthly/quarterly territory planning, systematically executing key opportunity reviews and attending prospect meetings and engaging other corporate events
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team, including recruiting, onboarding and training new Account Executives
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings with team and report to Director of Sales ANZ
- Coach direct reports on strategies to drive closure
- Report on all aspects of the business to ANZ Sales Director, not limited to quarterly and half year planning
- Work closely with other teams, including field marketing and outbound/Inbound sales development to drive market awareness and build pipeline for sales team to achieve revenue targets
- Performance manage, coach and mentor all team members, while maintaining core values and culture
- 10+ years of business related software sales experience, with at least 5-8 in a sales leadership role (preferably with knowledge of NSW, QLD and WA markets)
- Proven track record of success driving revenue growth against quota and increased profitability
- Experience managing a diverse and regional team of sales Account Executives in a B2B software environment in Australia
- Experience in public speaking, with excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must provide weekly, monthly, Quarterly accurate forecasting, pipeline development and management of all related pipeline
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed with a passion to succeed
- Curious, naturally inquisitive, and innovative, with a focus on quality input.
- Must be analytical, metrics-driven through all stages of the sales cycle and able to develop and input strategies based on this information
- BA/BS degree required
Accounting, Finance & Legal
Engineering & Product
People Operations & Workplace Experience
Sales & Sales Leadership