Software Engineer in TestYou are a software engineer experienced in designing and implementing test automation tools and frameworks for scalable Web applications. Our global testing team of passionate engineers increase confidence and coverage across all our products and deliver the best possible solutions.As a Software Engineer in Test, you’ll be working with a team of extremely talented engineers who work to make Zendesk’s service consistent, reliable, flexible, secure and easy-to-use for our suite of products.
What you get to do everyday
- Work with Product Managers and Developers to deliver the overall growth strategy of the Zendesk Support product.
- Perform creative exploratory testing of new features and products.
- Expand our automated test suites and testing frameworkIncorporate automated tests into our continuous delivery pipeline.
- Highlight and detail any risks and assumptions identified to the team.
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of testing practice with a focus on speed, quality and innovationKeep track and adapt to rapidly changing requirements in a fast-paced team.
What you bring to the role
- Undergraduate degree or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Software Engineer, a Software Engineer in Test, or equivalent roles.
- Experience with multivariate testing methodologyExperience programming in OOO languages and in scripting languages (preferably Ruby)
- Extensive experience developing test frameworks with open-source automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Capybara, or Cucumber.
- Experience with automated testing of large, scalable Web applications, using modern Web application frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile development environmentExcellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A dedication to continual self-development.
Nice to have
#LI-RPOZendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Sauce Labs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems or Continuous Deployment / Delivery.
- Experience working on open source projects with an active GitHub repository.
Engineering & Product