Technical ArchitectAt Zendesk, our Customer Success Launch Team is the calm, consistent customer force that gathers customer business requirements, designs solutions, and configures their design in order to meet and exceed their customer’s needs.You will help customers both onsite and remotely to listen to what the customer is trying to accomplish with Zendesk, make recommendations based on what you’ve seen work with other launches, and define and execute the right technical solution for what they are trying to do. You will work hand-in-hand with a Zendesk Engagement Manager, who is responsible for the project and customer deliverables holistically.As the functional and technical project lead, you will be responsible for documenting the technical and functional components of a customer engagement and will be an important part of the customer’s overall experience.
- Understand, document, and implement functional and business requirements from the customer and translate into a design according to scope
- Ask questions and dig into the customer’s use-case, capture the business problem we are solving together, and configure their Zendesk in order to quickly and expertly make it #beautifullysimple
- Run Design & Configuration sessions with customers (onsite or remote)
- Configure the Zendesk application to support the customer’s needs and drive value in their organization
- Conduct virtual meetings, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions according to our Customer Success methodology
- Make sure all deliverables are completed, manage related schedules, meet milestones, and bring creative/technical success to the customer experience
- Perform issue identification, communication, and resolution for moderately complex issues
- As necessary, communicate customer project and issue status consistently and regularly against the project plan to the Zendesk Engagement Manager
- Create custom reports using GoodData (Insights) based on customer requirements
- Manage several projects and customers at one time
- Maintain product expertise across the Zendesk product line
- Perform issue identification, communication, and resolution for moderately complex issues
- Respond to high-profile, high-impact customer escalations in a fashion that inspires confidence and continued customer loyalty
- Ability to gather requirements and document change orders and scopes for new and existing customers
#LI-AL1Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to deliver consulting onsite & remotely
- Experience with various architectures (Web, Enterprise, SaaS) and methodologies
- Experience with RESTful and JSON API implementation approaches
- Highly motivated communicator capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of support process and infrastructure
- Excellent instincts and ability to interface at Executive-level with ease
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Willing and able to travel (40%)
DevOps EngineerAs a DevOps Engineer in Singapore, you will be part of the team that innovates the Zendesk App Market and enables key integrations with our partners.At Zendesk, our goal is to bring companies and their customers closer together. We build software to improve those relationships, humanize business communication, and help make the world of customer service less annoying for us all.As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be helping to grow our new data team, and you’ll also be part of a global DevOps focused Operations team that manages the global infrastructure. You will strive to automate everything possible, and you’ll frequently ask yourself “what can I improve next?”.Ruby and Chef are the cornerstones of our operation. Aside from that, we use a wide variety of technologies and everyone has the chance to learn new skills. We don’t expect anyone to be familiar with all of them (if you are please talk to us now!)
What you get to do everyday as a DevOps Engineer:
- Solve complex problems and provide simple elegant solutions
- Build and improve the tools we use to run an Alexa top 400 website with over 80,000+ customers and over 400 million users
- Participate in engineering sprints along with the Singapore Engineering teams
- Collaborate with your Operations teammates in Copenhagen, Dublin, and San Francisco using virtual meeting and chat tools
- Improve our Chef powered configuration management tooling and infrastructure
- Partner with our tools, engineering, and QA teams to ease the configuration and deployment of new services
- Contribute to making our infrastructure simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Assist our Customer Support teams by creating the tools they need to solve problems and give our customers a beautiful experience
- Use a wide variety of technologies, wear lots of hats (actual hats optional)
- Participate in an on-call rotation along with the rest of the Zendesk operations team
- Work in an agile development environment and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism
What you bring to the role:
Within Engineering, we're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology to build a beautiful product. You'll be part of a talented team who are actively involved in the tech community as we often host and present at meetups. There are travel opportunities too including Head Office in San Francisco and other global sites.Culture and Perks:We have 120 staff in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!Perks include stock, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave.#LI-CH1Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Ruby and Chef experience
- MySQL, Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Hadoop, RIAK
- Ubuntu Linux
- Nagios, Datadog, NewRelic, Boundary
- Mail delivery (postfix) and anti-spam software
- Public Cloud Experience - Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Platform
- Xen virtualization
- F5 Big-IP, Juniper, Cisco
- You’ll also have great communication skills (written and verbal) that will enable successful collaboration with all our teams.
- Experience in a similar role as a Devops Engineer, Systems Administrator, Infrastructure Engineer, Linux Guru etc
- Automation experience with Python or Go or Ruby
Senior Mobile DeveloperWe are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android platforms, using both Swift and Java
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliabilitySupport QA with building automations for both platforms.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performanceContinuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you bring to the role:
- At least 5 years experience in a combination of native iOS and Android development
- Have published one or more apps in the App Store and Play Store
- A deep familiarity with Swift and Java
- Experience working with Mobile frameworks such as Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Text and the Android support library
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Nice to have:
Culture and PerksZendesk Singapore office is the home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!Perks include stocks, flexible working hours, training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months paternity leave.#LI-CH1Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Experience working with real time/chat solutions
- Knowledge of Mobile Analytics solutions (Heap, Google/Firebase Analytics)
- Experience with A/B testing
Senior Product ManagerWho you are:Do you want to design and build awesome business products that are used day-in and day-out by more than 100,000 businesses and millions of people? Are you passionate about working with a strong team of engineers to deliver solutions that truly exceed customer and business expectations? Do you have a strong point of view on how to make products work as people expect them to? Do you get jazzed trying to figure out how to best solve customer needs under tight time constraints and with constrained resources? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!We're looking for a product manager with a passion for delivering amazing products. You'll be responsible for driving the Zendesk Chat product experience to support new customer segments and more tightly integrate a wide set of capabilities into a cohesive whole. You'll be working with a team of strong designers and engineers to re-imagine how our Chat product should work for small, mid-sized, and enterprise businesses.You should have a high attention to detail and the ability to drive optimal outcomes, and understand that optimal outcomes are achieved by working well across all team functions.Why you'll want this job:In this role, you will shape the future of Zendesk Chat. You'll work with a fantastic cross-functional team including other product managers across the globe to define how Chat should better serve mid-market and enterprise customers and also shape how our products can work together to become a more seamless, unified experience.You'll understand user behavior and expectations through customer engagement, research, and diving deep into quantitative dataYou will work with Sales, Marketing, Product teams, and other functions across the org to understand the factors that drive or impede our successYou'll synthesize customer input and technical considerations to define a tactical plan and long term vision for ChatYou will define, own, and optimize KPIs for the product and for the specific areas you ownYou will define product roadmaps to ensure that weâ€™re always meeting or exceeding the expectations of our largest enterprise and continuing to support our smallest SMB customersYou will work across Zendesk teams and functions, including engineering, analytics, ops, sales, and support/customer advocacy to build and launch world-class features and user experiencesWhat you bring to the role:Above all else, a deep intuition and passion for product and for delivering people-centric solutionsProven experience delivering phenomenal user experiences, ideally for b2b productsMinimum 4 years product management experience, or equivalent experience in another role; product responsibility must have included UI ownershipExperience gathering, analyzing, and translating market and customer needs into product requirements and prioritizing them based on solving for various, potentially competing outcomesProven experience delivering lo-fi product concepts, including ability to visually communicate your ideas through paper sketches, Balsamiq, Sketch, or other methodsAnalytical mindset with a passion for data-driven decision makingA willingness to present and defend your ideas to key team members, including partners and customersCulture and PerksWe have 110+ staff in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. Â At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!Perks include stock, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave.#LI-CH1
Digital Marketing ManagerZendesk is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to be based in our Singapore office. Your task will be to raise brand awareness across APAC, grow our website traffic, increase returns on lead generation activities, support local demand generation campaigns as well as account-based marketing programs.This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is skilled in paid and organic advertising, have experience managing and working with digital agencies. Ideally, we would like for you to be passionate about customer experience and have a keen interest to work in a fast growing Technology company like Zendesk.
- Work closely with the APAC regional marketing leads, digital agencies and the Zendesk global digital team in San Francisco to develop and execute the APAC digital marketing programs. Deliver against weekly targets by managing paid, social and organic programs. Provide visibility and insights about regional digital performance. Manage budgets in collaboration with the global digital team and local marketing leads.
- Create and optimise digital marketing strategies to support short and long-term growth targets across the Asia Pacific region
- Work with agencies and global digital team to optimise existing paid search programs (Adwords, Naver, Yahoo)
- Effectively manage stakeholders to scale digital programs and improve communication
- Use appropriate analytics to measure, evaluate and report against goals and performance of all digital marketing activity and plans
- Work with web team to improve the company website, devising strategies to drive online traffic and continuing to improve usability, design, content, and conversion
- Work with global and regional teams on development of the social media presence and campaigns
- Support country-specific campaigns with digital services
- Support Outbound programs with digital Account Based Marketing programs
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to create high-quality content for a range of online platforms which is optimised and consistent with the Zendesk brand and tone of voice
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role
- Relevant experience including SEO, PPC, e-marketing, social media and analytics
- Knowledge of current online marketing trends and best practice
- Experience running digital campaigns across Asia Pacific Regions
- Experience working with agencies and Head Office Teams
- Experience of digital marketing at strategic and hands-on operational level
- Experience in digital marketing across ANZ will be an added advantage
- Excellent written English. Extra APAC languages will be a big plus (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin) as you will work on campaigns in countries that converse in these languages
- Team player and experience with managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing digital budgets
Strategic Enterprise Sales ExecutiveZendesk is looking for a Strategic Account Executive in Singapore who is responsible for growing our business and presence within our Fortune 500 customer base. We need an experienced sales person who has a consultative sales approach, a successful track record growing and onboarding clients with polished presentation skills.This individual will be ultimately responsible for their success within their territory, ensuring incremental growth in monthly recurring revenue, new logo acquisition, and customer retention, whilst providing the best sales experience possible for our customers.
- Experienced in developing and closing complex sales cycles.
- Experienced individual contributor selling applications packages to large, complex strategic accounts.
- Define strategy for acquisition, development, and expansion of targeted logos in the territory.
- Lead an account team in the execution of said account/territory strategy.
- Ability to quickly develop trust amongst both mid-level and senior management.
- Team player attitude who can get the best out of the account team and supporting departments whilst prioritising, coordinating and applying resources where needed.
- Most of all, you possess a highly developed selling style, where your customer relations and negotiation skills shine. You effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business representatives. A track record of consistent success is what we’ll find when looking at your background.
- Demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high-performance sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline of new business opportunities and delivering results against a quota
- A background in or deep familiarity with the customer service space, demonstrating deep industry knowledge and ability to elevate conversations to business need and be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Experience selling to VP or C level executives
- 10+ years of software selling experience
- Track record of success selling into Enterprise scale companies
- Consistent track record of success with quota
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as directed by sales management.
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- Proficiency using SalesForce.com
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Bachelor’s Degree
Trainer - Customer EducationThe Zendesk Customer Education is responsible for providing our customers with content and training experiences that encourage adoption and optimization of our products. Whether it’s standard online training, customized training, or classroom- style live events, our team is always looking for ways to innovate and improve the customer experience.As a Trainer on the Customer Education team, you should be passionate about customer service, versatile, creative, and have a great work ethic. You’ll keep up to date on our product as it evolves and collaborate with a worldwide team to advance our customers’ knowledge of and enthusiasm for Zendesk.
- Deliver high-quality learning experiences for a range of audiences, from online small group training to personalized training for Enterprise customers
- Work closely with customers to understand and customize training agenda and content to meet their needs during custom engagements
- Partner with Instructional Designers to provide content feedback to improve training materials and program
- Continually build on your Zendesk product knowledge, so customers can rely on you to answer basic to advanced product Q&A
- Travel nationally and occasionally internationally to deliver training
- Perform other duties as needed
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to command a room
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others
- 2-3 years experience providing training
- Tech savvy, analytical, and good problem solver
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate complex business software processes effectively
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Up to 25% travel required
Engineering & Product
Sales & Sales Leadership