Customer Success Executive
Zendesk is looking for a talented Customer Success Executive to join its bustling team in Tokyo!
Fulfilling this role means you are entrusted with the relationships, strategy, and product health for Zendesk’s top accounts. Our Customer Success team advises and guides our wide array of enterprise customers as they map any number of business needs to Zendesk. We are the faces of the house of Zen(desk) - genuinely compassionate, strategic-minded, organised and dedicated. A Customer Success Executive is an experience-maker for our customers - passionate about working with large enterprises to make Zendesk the common thread that transforms their business.
- Highly consultative and strategic with savvy business acumen
- Experienced working with multiple teams and C-level executives
- Inspired by technology and how it solves problems and pushes businesses forward
- Understands the unique power of genuine relationships
- Organized, professional and (hopefully) quick-witted
- English and Japanese-speaking desired
- Communicate eloquently and regularly with admins and executives at top-level accounts
- Produce and execute quality presentations on at least a quarterly basis to showcase customer growth, trends, and product/industry maturity
- Work with our awesome sales executives to make sure customers have the Zendesk resources they need
- Maintain product expertise across the Zendesk product line
- Respond to high profile, high-impact customer escalations in a fashion that inspires confidence and continued customer loyalty
- Coach new Customer Success team members on Zendesk’s own customer service program
- Help lead our team as we set a new and innovative standard for the Customer Experience
- Identify and keep up with trends in Customer Experience and Customer Service and work with your customers to take advantage of them.
- Identify and help customers articulate the value of the Zendesk application to their business.
Your typical day may include:
- Collaborating with your peers in Customer Success, Sales, Support, Product, and throughout Zendesk
- Working with our embedded Data Analyst to comb through data that will enlighten customers and their executives about product use and industry trends
- Traveling to a customer’s headquarters and presenting to multiple stakeholders
- Working with marketing to share successful customer stories
- Sharing customer feedback across our organisation to enhance the Zendesk product
- Walk and talk: a little exercise adds a new dimension to 1:1s
- 10+ years consulting background, pre-sales or similar experience at the enterprise level
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy ideal
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Willingness to travel up to 25%Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Account management or related experience caring for and advising customers or clients
- Bachelors of Science degree
- Consulting background, sales or similar experience at the enterprise level
- Professional project management experience
- Formal technical support experience; help desk experience ideal
- Knowledge of common help desk/ticketing solutions
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML, JSON
- Familiarity with SaaS architecture, hybrid systems and integration methodologies
- Experience working with API’s, Java, C# or other development languages a plus
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce and GoodData a plus
- Knowledge of customer service operations, metrics and trends
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 80,000 paid customer accounts in 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
At Zendesk we create software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 87,000 organisations in 150 countries use Zendesk products, serving more than a billion users all over the globe. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Due to growth in the APAC region, we’re now seeking a highly motivated Account Executive to join our Tokyo office. This individual will provide the best sales experience possible for our customers.
You’ll have a consultative sales approach, successful track record growing inside sales and polished presentation skills. In addition, you’ll be able to demonstrate all the behaviours associated with a high-performance sales culture: managing a pipeline of new business opportunities and delivering results to agreed targets.
What you get to do every day:
- You'll become the resident expert on the Zendesk's cloud-based platform and, in doing so, capitalise on all new business opportunities.
- Relationship building and providing value-add opportunities to key stakeholders within your portfolio.
- Establishing a sales plan and call cycle to ensure you exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- In addition, you’ll build and execute a strategic plan to maximise revenue and achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- You’ll successfully close deals with mid-market and SMB prospects, delivering a red carpet service.
- In collaboration with other departments, you'll prioritise, coordinate and apply resources where needed.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven software selling experience, preferably SaaS or help-desk products.
- Record of success selling into SMB companies and to sales targets.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex sales cycles and negotiating win-win agreements based on value based selling.
- Able to thrive in a startup environment— you move quickly, think strategically, and are superb at tactical execution.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as directed by sales management.
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes.
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical information to non-technical parties.
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done.
- Bachelor degree highly desirable.
In return for your skills and experience, you'll receive a highly competitive salary package. In addition, you'll work in a central CBD location in bright, modern offices and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest and best in the industry.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Sales & Account Management