Multi-channel support for a growing customer base
Just over a year ago, Zuora began to outgrow their existing support solution. The interface and workflow were not meeting their service needs, and customization was difficult and burdensome. To add to that, Zuora was facing enormous fees to get the add-ons they wantedincluding a customer portal and out-of-the-box integrations. As Zuora looked into four other customer support solutions, they realized no other solution compared to what Zendesk offered in terms of usability and customizations.
“Customer support is a partnership. It’s about building a relationship and making customers successful.”
-Fernando Duarte, Senior Integration Specialist
Zendesk as a solution
In less than 45 days, Zuora completely migrated to Zendesk. Because most of their customer inquiries could not easily be solved by a one-size-fits-all response, they needed an efficient support workflow that catered to each customers specific needs. With Zendesk, they are able to:
- Provide multi-channel support via email, Web, feedback tab, phone, chat and Twitter
- Deliver inbound global phone support using Zendesk Voicepowered by Twiliowith local numbers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Netherlands and local language support in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Korean and Filipino
- View threaded dialogues to have clear visibility of customer conversations, as well as private comments via agent-to-agent ticket sharing
- Easily and quickly address issues through bulk ticket handling and community announcementsnurturing their customer base through channels beyond email
- Integrate with Salesforce CRM to close the loop between sales and support
- Build a custom widget for two-way integration with Rally development software
- Connect with GoodData in one click for insightful pre-built reports and analytics
- Find new business tools, like MailChimp, through Zendesks 100+ integrations
With Zendesk, Zuora is able to achieve a customer satisfaction of 95%, well above the global benchmark of 84%. In addition, they are able to service over hundreds of support inquiries per month with agents across various teamssupport, client success management, professional services and product management.
Zuora is out to change the perception of customer support as a cost center. Our goal is not to have less tickets. We want to hear from our customersboth positive and negative feedback. We want them to engage with us and ask us questions. Zendesk allows us to promote the positive aspects of this engagement via various support channels and offers our customers the flexibility to communicate how they want, says Marlene Summers, Director of Global Support.
Summers adds, Since using Zendesk, our customer support has changed a lot for the better. In the past year we have seen triple digit growth in our customer base. The ability to provide support from a variety of channels has enabled more and more customers to engage with us and receive a consistent experience. I dont think we could have gotten here without Zendesk.
Streamlined support for causes and customers
Charting a path to 99% customer satisfaction
Topic suggestions reduce ticket volume by 70%
Customer service outgrows email
Delivering customer service 35% faster
It?s about much more than a service. It?s about an experience.
Maintaining a consistent level of service for all
Rapid response is key for a fast-paced business
Improving support by moving from email to Zendesk