- Atlassian OnDemand
- On-premise installations of JIRA 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0.
The hand-off between customer support and engineering is a critical one for many organizations. With this seamless, two-way integration, your support agents and developers can easily collaborate, edit, update or resolve a ticket from within Zendesk or JIRA.
Work better, together
Allow your support and engineering team to seamlessly collaborate on customer support requests that are associated to issues, such as bugs. Resolve problems faster and keep your customers happy.
Easy to use and implement
Set up the Zendesk for JIRA integration in a matter of minutes, and immediately start sharing support requests with your development team. Easily edit, update or resolve a ticket from within Zendesk or JIRA, to keep building a robust and elegant product.
How to install
If your organization uses Zendesk for customer support and JIRA to track work internal to your organization, Zendesk for JIRA enables easy escalation of support tickets to JIRA issues. This integration allows comment sharing between your support agents and JIRA users, mapping of important fields between tickets and issues, and ability to automatically solve Zendesk tickets by resolving JIRA issues.
Zendesk for JIRA uses the Networked Help Desk open standard for easy synchronization of information between Zendesk and JIRA.
- Create a new JIRA issue from a Zendesk ticket
- Link a ticket to an existing JIRA issue
- Map Zendesk ticket fields to JIRA issue fields
- Automatically resolve Zendesk tickets by resolving JIRA issues
- Link multiple Zendesks to a single JIRA account
- Log in to your Zendesk account.
- Configure Zendesk and JIRA according to the Getting Started guide here
- Add the JIRA application available in the Zendesk application directory by clicking on the "Install" button available in the listing.
Now, when you click on "Share" in a ticket and select your JIRA ticket sharing agreement, the JIRA for Zendesk application will prompt you to enter what project and story type the issue should be associated to in JIRA and once you submit the information, a new JIRA issue will be created.