Important: On 30 January, 2020 the legacy Salesforce Integration (managed package) will be deprecated and replaced by a new Salesforce Integration - built on Zendesk. Read the announcement about the removal of the legacy Salesforce Integration and timelines here.
The new Salesforce Integration - built on Zendesk is currently in an early access program. Read the EAP post here for more info and to sign up.
*Zendesk is a Salesforce ISV partner. We pay fees for the right to integrate the Zendesk application with the Salesforce services and create custom functionality linking the Zendesk application and Salesforce platforms. *
Deliver a holistic view of your customers for your Sales and Support teams with a dynamic two-way integration between Zendesk Support ticket data and Salesforce CRM customer data.
Improve customer satisfaction with better conversations
- Pull in any CRM data, including custom objects, so your Support team can see a full Salesforce customer profile next to a live ticket in Zendesk Support.
Sync your Sales and Support teams for faster resolutions
- Easily collaborate to resolve customer issues faster with access to complete Zendesk Support tickets, including custom field data, in a custom Zendesk Support panel within Salesforce.
- Stay up-to-date with the ability to view, create, and update tickets in Salesforce.
- Manage your customer records database in Salesforce but access it from either Zendesk Support or Salesforce with real-time sync of Salesforce Accounts, Contacts, and Leads with Zendesk Support organizations and users.
Increase the effectiveness of your teams and business
- View reports in Salesforce that analyze your Zendesk Support ticket data based on different Salesforce criteria.
- Track trends across all points of interactions your Sales and Support teams have with customers.
Data usage disclosure
In the provision of this Application (a) your Customer Data (as defined in Your agreement with Salesforce) will be transmitted or processed outside of the Salesforce systems and to that extent Salesforce is not responsible for the privacy, security or integrity of that Customer Data; and (b) data transmitted or processed by the Application outside Salesforce’s systems shall not constitute Customer Data (as defined in Your Agreement with Salesforce).
Salesforce edition support
The legacy Zendesk for Salesforce managed package is available for Salesforce Performance, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
There are two parts of this integration. To view Salesforce data in Zendesk Support:
- Install the Salesforce app for Zendesk Support.
- Sign in to your Zendesk Support account.
- Setup and configure the Salesforce app in Zendesk Support.
To view, edit and create Zendesk tickets in Salesforce and sync organizations and users:
- Install the legacy Zendesk for Salesforce managed package.
- Set up Zendesk Support Tickets in Salesforce.
- Configure user and organization syncing in Salesforce.
Note: The legacy Zendesk for Salesforce managed package will be deprecated on January 30, 2020 and replaced by the new Salesforce Integration - built on Zendesk which is currently in an early access program. Read the EAP post here for more info and to sign up.
For a complete overview of the Zendesk Salesforce Integration, see the Getting Started Guide for Zendesk Support for Salesforce.