With TeamViewer you can create a remote support session directly from your ticket in Zendesk. Simply insert the created link into the ticket. Once the customer goes online, he will appear in your TeamViewer service queue. No need for sending an install file or exchanging session numbers.
Please note that the service queue requires TeamViewer version 9.
TeamViewer benefits at a glance
(read them in more than 30 languages at www.teamviewer.com)
One-time purchase price with no monthly or annual fees. You purchase a license for long-term use without recurring billing or time limits on use. All updates within the same main version are included.
TeamViewer provides an All-In-One solution for a wide variety of scenarios in a single software package: remote maintenance, spontaneous support, access to unattended computers, home office, online meetings, presentations, training sessions and team work.
Fast return on investment
Inexpensive TeamViewer license fees will pay off very quickly due to time and cost savings. For private users it is even completely free.
Free host installation
All host installations are completely free for license owners. TeamViewer sessions only require one side to be licensed. This allows you to serve an unlimited number of customers with a single license.
The highest security standards
TeamViewer is a highly secure remote maintenance solution. Your connections are established via fully encrypted data channels using 2048-bit RSA key exchange and 256-bit AES session encoding.
Smooth operation - even behind firewalls
You don't need to worry about firewalls, blocked ports or NAT routing –TeamViewer finds a connection to the remote computer every time.
TeamViewer optimizes display quality and speed depending on your network connection. This gives you the best performance possible from LAN to mobile internet connections.
How to install
To get started with the TeamViewer app for ZenDesk follow these steps:
- Go to Admin settings > Ticket Fields > add custom field
- Select "text" as field type
- In the next screen, give a descriptive field title, such as "TeamViewer Session ID", leave the checkboxes "required" and "visible" unchecked and click "Add field".
- You are taken back to the list of ticket fields. Find your new field here, click "edit" and note down the custom field ID in the top right corner. (*Note: If you are using Zendesk ticket forms, you will need to make sure you add the above field to each of your ticket forms for the app to work *)
- Install the app from the Zendesk App listing page.
- Enter the custom field ID you noted down earlier into "TeamViewer Custom Ticket Field"
- Click "Install" and you are good to go!
Further options in the app settings:
- Customer waiting message
The message that will be displayed to your customers while they are waiting for your supporter to connect to the TeamViewer session.
- Customer link text
Choose which text is inserted into your ticket by the "Insert link into ticket" button. Use @@URL@@ as placeholder for the actual session link. If left completely blank, the session link will be inserted in a new line.
- Enable role restrictions
Here you can restrict availability of the app to certain roles.