The Zendesk Sell for Magento app works to unite your business with a dynamic two-way integration between Zendesk Sell data and Magento e-commerce data.
Improve customer satisfaction with better conversations
- Manage all your customer interactions in one place, whether you have one Magento site or several—driving efficiencies within your Sell team.
- Get more visibility on relevant customer data from Magento, such as billing, shipping, and order info on Zendesk Sell Contact, Lead, and Company cards.
Sync your teams for faster resolutions and higher revenue
- Stay up-to-date on the account and the customer with a single view of Sales information next to critical sales statistics, customer profiles, and sales orders.
The first step in the process of getting Magento 2 communicating with Zendesk is to install and configure the Zendesk extension for Magento 2. This extension provides functionality inside Magento 2 and also provides configuration settings for the Magento App to access customer information.
- Magento Open Source 2.1-2.3
- Magento Commerce 2.1-2.3
Install the extension
The Zendesk is available in the Magento Marketplace here. Click Install to add the extension to your Magento 2 instance. Once installed, you will want to flush the Magento 2 cache. To do this, perform the following:
- Log in to Magento admin.
- Navigate to System > Cache Management.
- Click Flush Magento Cache.
Link your Magento store to your Zendesk
Now that you've got the Zendesk extension installed, you'll need to fill out some configuration settings to link it to Zendesk.
Configure the extension
If you already have a Zendesk account, you can manually configure the Magento extension by following the instructions below. If you don't already have a Zendesk account, click on the Get Started button to sign up for a free trial. #### Install the Zendesk App
Simply click on the Install button and fill out the following fields:
- Magento Base URL: The URL for your Magento 2 storefront, ie https://mystorefront.com
- API Token/Access token: You'll need to generate a new access token for your Magento 2 storefront. You can find steps to do so here.
Configure the App Settings
Now that the app is installed, you have a few different configuration options available to you to complete the set up process.
Zendesk App Settings
This section is used to configure what fields from your Magento 2 account you want displayed in the Zendesk Support ticket sidebar app. The system defaults certain fields for display. If you wish to change any of the values, uncheck the Use system value box and select whether or not you'd like the corresponding fields from Magento displayed in the app.
Once you have reviewed each section, simply click on the orange Save Config button in the upper right to save your settings.
The set up of the Magento 2 integration is now complete!