Split ‘n’ Close — Let's you split a ticket off into a new one, when the content has become a separate issue. In addition, it allows you to explicitly close a ticket, with an explanation of why. A last feature is that it shows you quite clearly when an attached file is too big and is not being displayed and lets you download the original email with a single click.
- Create a new ticket based on the contents of the current one.
- Automatically fills in from last comment, though you can edit.
- Choose comments from original ticket to add to the new one. (Premium Feature)
- Choose the assignee for the new ticket. (Premium Feature)
- Allows all custom fields to be filled in. (Premium Feature)
- Creates a note on both the old and new tickets to easily refer back and forth.
- Add attachments from either the ticket or the file system. (Premium Feature)
- Choose the requester for the new ticket. (Premium Feature)
- Can optionally add tag(s) to the new ticket. (Premium Feature)
- Indicate the group/agent to which the new ticket should be assigned. (Premium Feature)
- Add comment (public or private) to the parent ticket.
- Append all the CCs from the parent ticket to the child ticket.
- Use the same form as the parent ticket, if there is one.
- Define a default form (in settings) to always use for new tickets. (Premium Feature)
- Add a comment as to why the ticket is being closed.
- Quick action.
- Allow administrator to disable this feature. (Premium Feature)
Notify for large email attachments
- See clearly when a ticket has a file attachment that is too large
- Single click to download the original email with the file to your desktop
Latest Changes: (version 3.0.6)
- Change – Logging to determine why requester is sometimes set incorrectly.
Latest Changes: (version 3.0.5)
- Fix – If the localStorage is unavailable (i.e. Prevent Third Party Cookies), the Split Ticket button was being disabled.
Latest Changes: (version 3.0.4)
- Fix – Fixes issue where the reference to the parent ticket isn't made in Free version.
- Change - Add usage tracking for when a user splits a ticket. See our terms here.
Latest Changes: (version 3.0.3)
- Fix – Adds a fix for a display issue when there where no custom fields and assignee was visible.
Latest Changes: (version 3.0.2)
- New – Add ability to make all added comments private to avoid sending emails.
- New – Add setting to set assignee to group of current assignee if none specified.
- Fix – Check selected comments when dialog is reopened.
- Fix – Fixes corrupt attachments.
- Change – Reorder the settings to be a bit more organized.
- Change – Add a Premium feature indicator for the settings.
Changes for version 3.0.1:
- New – Split the functionality of the app into Free & Premium features.
- New – Add the ability to bring comments from the original ticket over to the new one. Choose between, None, Choose…, All, or Public comments.
- New – Assign different requester to split ticket.
- Fix – Fix issue when the ticket assignee was invalid.
- Fix – Fix issue where the app was not correctly resized.
- Fix – Fix issue where the assignee value was invalid.
- Change – Reorganize the app layout to be more consistent & coherent.
- Change – Remove the ability to not close ticket if a required field is not filled in.
- Change - Remove custom fields id setting. This has been selected from the actual custom fields for the form for a while.
Changes for version 2.0.12:
- Fix – Fixes issue where a split message was not copying the recipient of the original message.
Changes for version 2.0.11:
- Fix – Fixes issue where the Attachments window wouldn't show properly.
Changes for version 2.0.10:
- Fix – Removes CORS compatibility for the attachment uploads again as advised by Zendesk.
- Fix – The link for downloading large email attachments has been fixed to use the proper domain.
- Change – The app can now only be installed once per Zendesk domain.
See the entire version history here.