API Data Sync by Knots
Retrieve data from or send data to backend systems via REST API, allowing you to sync data between Zendesk and other tools, like your ERP, CRM, webshop, and on-premise software. Look up and import customer data from other software and interact with it directly on Zendesk in custom fields or send and sync data from Zendesk to any platform.
The integration works with all REST APIs. For example with the following systems:
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Many more
Interact with customer details, order/purchase ID, booking ID, invoice number, article number, SKU, or any other data available.
How Lookup Data Sync works
- A new incoming customer support ticket via Email or any other channel like chat, social media, or ticket form is created in Zendesk
- Knots middleware fetches immediately additional information from your backend-system via API
- You can extract any value from the JSON data retrieved. The information needed is stored inside Zendesk in ticket fields.
- Based on this data you can prioritize, route the ticket or trigger any other automation. With placeholders the info can also be added to macros.
It works best if combined with the Ticket Parser to extract IDs in first place, e.g. Oder-ID or Customer-ID.
Watch this short VIDEO to see the mechanism at work.
Contact us if you have any questions, comments, or feature requests regarding this app.
Knots offers you ready-to-go event-driven automation modules for Zendesk like
- Ticket parser via Regular Expressions
- NLP Ticket classification for contact reasons
- OCR text recognition from PDFs
- Webhook based telephony integration
- GDPR anonymization by keeping reporting data
- Send ticket data to backend systems with an authentication layer e.g. OAuth2
- Retrieve data from backend systems via API and store
Mail: email@example.com | Web: knots.io